Monday, February 21, 2011

Blog Entry #4: From Spray Can to Light: Graffiti Revisited

My Favourite Example of Light Graffiti

This example of light graffiti is one of my favourites because it is very funny because the action seen in this picture was from Dragon Ball Z  which was a cartoon i used to watch when i was a child. Though this picture looks very simple, it is actually very complicated because the person doing the action is in the air and also the light graffiti impact towards the far left is very detailed. The picture is very balanced ,connected and looks perfect. Though the light grafitti colours are very simple they are very effective at the same time because the light blue matches well with the dark sky.

This is my favourite example of street graffiti.
This is one of my favourite examples of street graffiti because it is very amusing and very complex at the same time. This type of street graffiti also plays with your  mind because the drawing is on a flat surface but the talented artist just created an optical illusion to make it look like there is a bottom. This picture is very balanced, the coulours are very bright and it is visually attractive. This example of street graffiti is very impressive because the person is painting this with chalk. These are the many reasons why this picture is one of my favourite street graffiti's.

Light Graffiti and Street Graffiti are the same and different in many ways. Both of them look great and both of them are ways artists express themselves and their emotions. The difference is that light graffiti doesn't vandalize or deface property & light graffiti artisits have to be good with technology. Light graffiti and Street Graffiti both take a long time to do but Light Graffiti is more challenging in my opinion because it involves a more complex process to make.All in all both Light Graffiti and Street Graffiti look very good,are very intresting to look at and they are very creative.



3 comments:

  1. Hello Ryan. I like both of your graffiti pieces because in the light graffiti piece, I like how a person was involved with the art piece. In my blog post, I just put an art piece of downtown Toronto. I also like you street graffiti choice because you chose to do a three dimensional type of graffiti which I also did. I have to disagree with your compare and contrast because I believe that anyone can be good at light graffiti. It just takes time and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ryan. I agree with your thoughts on the differences between graffiti and light graffiti. Light graffiti does require basic knowledge in technology, and does not have the negative effect of vandalism street graffiti has. Also that is an amazing example of street graffiti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your examples of light and regular graffiti are both excellent. I really like the street one because it is a perspective type of graffiti. I also agree with your thoughts that light graffiti does not cause any problems that regular graffiti does on public property.

    ReplyDelete

HELLO :)

Feel free to look around